- 2018 Election
- Agendas / Minutes / By-laws
- Mayor and Council
- Commonly Requested By-laws
- Development Services
- Financial Services
- Fire and Emergency Services
- Public Notices
- Agendas, Minutes and By-laws
- Chamber of Commerce
- Community Services
- Community Policing Committees
- Cottage and Community Associations
- Garbage/Recycling Schedule
- Facilities Rental Information
- Interactive Township Mapping
- Pay your Parking Ticket
- Port Severn Health Hub
- Property Taxes
- Public Notices
- Recreation Programming
- Upcoming Events
- User Fees and Charges By-law
- Water Quality Reports / Information
- Water Level Information
- Hot Topics
Who do I call about my water and/or sewer service and the respective bills?
Water and sewer operations and billing are a responsibility of the District of Muskoka. Please call them at (705) 645-2231.
How can I pay my property taxes?
There are seven convenient options available for you:
- Pre-Authorized Tax Payment (PAP) program
- Post-dated cheque(s)
- At most financial institutions:
- Internet banking
- Direct payment
- By mail: 99 Lone Pine Rd., Port Severn, ON., L0K 1S0
- In Person: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Drop box at front entrance of Municipal Office
How does the Pre-Authorized Tax Payment (PAP) program work?
There are two options for this plan:
- Installment: payment withdrawn from your account on the due dates
- Monthly: The plan spreads your payments over the 11 month period from January to November.
I have questions about my assessment; who do I contact?
Property assessment is the responsibility of the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC). If you have any questions regarding your assessment, contact MPAC at 1-866-296-6722. You may also look up basic property information visiting www.mpac.ca.
How do I get a receipt for property taxes paid?
A: If you require a receipt, include your entire tax bill when paying by mail along with a self addressed stamped envelope. The bill will be stamped “paid” and mailed back to you. There is no charge for this. If you require a duplicate tax bill, a fee will apply. Please see our Fees and Charges Bylaw here.
How often are property taxes payable?
The Township of Georgian Bay issues two tax bills per year, each of which contain two installment payments, so taxes are payable four times annually. An interim tax bill is issued in February with installments payable in March and May. The final tax bill is issued in June, with installments payable in July and September.
Please Note: Failure to receive a tax notice does not relieve the rate payers from the responsibility of payment of taxes or from liability for penalty or interest on late payments. If you do not receive a tax notice, please contact the Treasury Department.
What is the interest charged on overdue payments of the tax bill?
Interest is applicable on any outstanding balance. It is calculated at 1.25% on the first business day of each month. Staff does not have the authority to waive penalty or interest.
If you have further questions regarding property taxes
please contact the Treasury Department at:
705-538-2337 x. 223 OR email email@example.com