- 2018 Election
- Agendas / Minutes / By-laws / Resolutions
- Mayor and Council
- Commonly Requested By-laws
- Development Services
- Financial Services
- Fire and Emergency Services
- Public Notices
- Agendas, Minutes and By-laws
- Chamber of Commerce
- Community Services
- Community Policing Committees
- Cottage and Community Associations
- Garbage/Recycling Schedule
- Facilities Rental Information
- Interactive Township Mapping
- Pay your Parking Ticket
- Port Severn Health Hub
- Property Taxes
- Public Notices
- Recreation Programming
- Upcoming Events
- User Fees and Charges By-law
- Water Quality Reports / Information
- Water Level Information
- Hot Topics
Financial Services Staff
Financial Services Department
(705) 538-2337 / (800) 567-0187
Fax: (705) 538-1850
General Inquiries - x. 1 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Jane Corbeil, CPA, CMA, Director of Financial Services / Treasurer
Lynn Andrews, Deputy Treasurer
David Hudson, Intermediate IT Systems Administrator
Rosemary Barron, Accounting Clerk - Property Taxes
Colleen Cadeau, Accounting Clerk - Property Taxes / Accounts Receivable
Karen Ledoucer, Accounting Clerk - Accounts Payable / Payroll
The Financial Services Department is responsible for a wide range of advisory and accounting activities, which include budgeting and reporting on the financial transactions of each department and the Township as a whole, Information Technology, insurance/risk management and safeguarding the assets of the Township.
Programs / Services provided by this branch:
Accounting & Financial
- Maintain all financial records, report financial activities including the annual Consolidated Audited Financial Statements, Provincial Financial Information Return (FIR), and Municipal Performance Management Program (MPMP) results.
- Work closely with external Auditors and liaise with Finance Committee.
- Co-ordinate the development and preparation of annual budgets. Includes coordinating and assembling consolidated budget reports, providing analysis, explanations and financial policy advice to Council for their consideration during budget deliberations.
- Provide effective cash management to maximize interest return and minimize short term borrowing requirements.
- Act as lead in administering and updating the Development Charges Background Study in conjunction with other departmental staff and external consultants.
- Make application, monitor and submit claims for grants/subsidies to various levels of government and funding organizations.
- Provide payment processing (accounts payable) on a bi-weekly basis.
- Process bi-weekly payroll; prepare all statutory remittances and supporting documents in accordance with legislative/regulatory requirements and collective agreements. Responsible for the annual filing of payroll related returns, including T4’s and OMERS (Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System).
- Research and present policy proposals and procedures to assist Council in financial decisions including sustainable management of long term debt requirements and long range financial plans.
- Provide a range of financial services to the Township’s Public Library (accounting, payroll, etc.).
- Maintain and administer letters of credit, security deposits and other financial instruments required under sub-division or site plan agreements from land owners and developers.
- Maintain the fixed asset register to ensure it remains current and reflects all additions, deletions and disposals.
- Promotion of the efficient and effective use of resources
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), federal and Provincial Legislation as well as Council Policies
- Administer the timely calculation, billing and collection of property taxes.
- Ensure past due property tax accounts are dealt with in accordance with the Ontario Municipal Act including initiation of registering arrears certificates and potential sale through public tender.
- Issue and collect other fees & charges related to developer accounts, site plan applications, fire accident call out recovery, etc.
- Procure goods and services in accordance with the approved purchasing by-law and deliver periodic training and guidance to departments and new staff.
- Administer the approved purchasing policy and prepare required reports for information as required.
Insurance and Risk Management
- Administer the Township’s insurance and risk management program through annual corporate training, review and analysis.
- Liaise with internal department heads on open claims through external communication.
- Communicate with external agencies when potential claims arise.
- Ensures network and data security.
- Business continuity planning through disaster recovery services through the use of contracted services.
- Provide user support and coordinate hardware maintenance, upgrades and replacement.
- Coordinate with departments, software acquisitions and existing software support and upgrades.